Details: Burris XTR III 5.5-30×56. Model #201214. Illuminated Red or Green (user selectable) SCR 2 MRAD Reticle. 0.1 MRAD adjustments. Includes original box, manual, sunshade, flip-up lens caps, allen wrench, lens cloth, and battery. 34mm tube. First Focal Plane.
Burris’s Description: Our legendary XTR III, now with Illuminated reticle options. A Colorado original. Designed out West where distance is measured in hours instead of yards. This next-generation long-range competition scope puts you on target at extreme ranges with industry best field of view, 5x plus zoom range, choice of three front focal plane reticles, race dial options, and more.
- Zero Click Stop™ Adjustment Knobs. Allows shooter to quickly and easily revert back to the original sight-in setting without counting clicks or referencing marks.
- Tactical Reticles. The XTR III line-up gives you a choice in tactical appropriate reticles, including the SCR and SCR MOA reticles and the SCR 2 MIL reticle. All provide accurate trajectory and windage compensation and are ideal for tactical applications.
- Advanced Windage & Elevation Adjustment. Accurate and repeatable reticle adjustments match the measurement system of the reticle, making windage and elevation adjustments fast and easy. The scope also comes with a cap for the windage knob.
- High Performance Glass. Provides excellent brightness and clarity with lasting durability: exactly what you expect from Burris.
- Index-Matched, Hi-Lume® Multi-Coated Lenses. Enhanced low-light performance and glare elimination, making more shots possible and increasing your success rate.
- Rugged, Combat-Ready Performance. Throw everything you’ve got at these riflescopes – they can take it and still deliver.
- Covered by the Burris Forever Warranty™
SCR 2 Reticle
The SCR 2™ reticle provides a customer-requested “tree” style reticle. Developed and tested by champion shooters, the SCR 2 reticle provides outstanding information for shot tracking and ranging.
Tree reticles are popular with long range and precision shooters because they offer a quick and accurate way of compensating for both distance and wind. Equally importantly, this well defined tree reticle aids in range estimation and offers the immediate feedback shooters need for point-of-impact correction.
Designing a tree reticle is an exercise in compromises: a pattern that is too complicated obscures too much of the target while a pattern too simple does not provide sufficient functionality. Burris worked with professional shooters to make sure the SCR 2 reticle hits that balance perfectly.
The SCR 2 gives precision shooters everything they need in a reticle while staying sufficiently unobtrusive when it is not needed. As a mrad-based design with 0.2 mrad graduations, the SCR 2 is compatible with all calibers. The learning curve for anyone accustomed to mrad-based systems is minimal.
RKB Armory’s Opinion: This is one of the best values in this type of scope. The quality, both optically and mechanically, is impressive. The reticle is one of our favorites, too. Burris really upped their game from the XTR 2.